Jo Chol-su, director-general of the North Korean Foreign Ministry’s North American department, arrives in Russia on Tuesday to attend the 2019 Moscow Nonproliferation Conference set to run through Saturday. [YONHAP]The U.S. special envoy for North Korea and a North Korean Foreign Ministry official handling American affairs spoke briefly to each other during a reception for participants of a nuclear nonprolifereation conference in Moscow, a participant said.Special Envoy Mark Lambert had a five-minute talk with Jo Chol-su, director-general of the North American department at the North’s Foreign Ministry, in the reception Thursday for the 2019 Moscow Nonproliferation Conference, according to the participant.Lee Do-hoon, South Korea’s chief nuclear negotiator, was also present at the reception but did not exchange greetings with Jo, apparently reflecting the chilled relations between the two Koreas.Jo stayed at the reception for about 40 minutes.The three-day forum, which will run through Saturday, has drawn much attention as the officials from the United States and North Korea could possibly hold talks on the margins of the conference.The meeting, if realized, will come at a time when nuclear negotiations between Washington and Pyongyang remain in a stalemate after the two sides’ last working-level talks in Sweden ended without a breakthrough… Read full this story
- 5 European nations condemn latest North Korea missile tests
- People Talk: On Emir Sanusi’s dethronement and banishment (2)
- Ex-Trump envoy: For Palestinians and Israelis, this is the deal that can be done now
- S. Korea, Britain discuss N. Korea, Brexit in ministerial talks
- Iranian Envoy Hails New UK Stance on Arrested Dual National Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe
- More Megxit talks with the Queen? Prince Harry leaves Buckingham Palace after discussions ahead of Meghan Markle's arrival in UK
- North Korea 'executes trade official for visiting a public bath while he was in quarantine over coronavirus fears after returning from China'
- Coronavirus | U.S. summons Chinese envoy over Beijing’s coronavirus comments
- North Korea: US will 'pay dearly' for criticising our human rights record
- North Korea Summit Ended Like It Started: With a Quick, Chaotic Call by Trump
- UN Afghan mission calls for including women in peace talks
- North Korea flies out foreign diplomats during virus fight
North’s diplomat has brief talks with U.S. envoy have 365 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 9, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.