The University of Northampton has announced that it will be renewing its three-year sponsorship deal with English club Northampton Town.
As part of the reported UK£300,000 (US$430,000) deal, the university will continue as the club’s primary shirt sponsor. The university will also be using Sixfields, Northampton’s home ground, for several events, including hosting its varsity tournament in 2017.
Three months ago Northampton Town stood on the brink of administration, as a result of a UK£166,000 (US$238,000) unpaid tax bill. Since current owner Kelvin Thomas saved the club, the side have paid off the taxman, returned from the financial brink and now sit at the top of League Two.
A relieved Thomas, said, “When we took over we knew there were some issues, there was some repair work that needed doing. But today marks a move forward and a really strong expansion to our partnership.”
Thomas’ apprehension was perhaps misguided, when a vice chancellor of the university, Nick Petford, claimed, “We always said we would stand by no matter what happened.”
Both Petford and Thomas have stressed they want to increase the ties between club and university over the next three years, with the club set to offer more graduate opportunities.
- An entire town in New Zealand is for sale
- October Lease Data Reflects Slight Increase on New Lease Deal Prices Entering the Fall Season
- 50 Cent Signs New Development Deal With Starz That Includes 3-Series Commitment
- WATCH LIVE: Pres. Trump celebrates new trade deal, called USMCA
- Fact check: Is Trump right that the new trade deal is "biggest" ever?
- Where John Katko, Dana Balter stand on new NAFTA deal with Canada
- President Trump announces new trade deal with Mexico, Canada
- Fran Belkin rocks this town with new book: Minister of Culture
- U.S., Mexico strike new trade deal that could pave the way for an overhaul of NAFTA
- Missouri town gets new newspaper, The Uranus Examiner
- From shouts to smiles: How Trump got to 'yes' on a new NAFTA deal
- Trump replaces NAFTA and triumphs -- New trade deal with Mexico is YUGE win for both countries
Northampton Town cobble together a new shirt deal have 356 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 17, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.