GUTTED New Zealand fans are doing their best to get over their Rugby World Cup misery by taking advantage of desperate England supporters. A group of 13 Kiwis bought tickets to Saturday’s showpiece for £494 a pop but decided to offer them up on Facebook after watching their side crash out in the semi-finals. And they are boasting about raking in money after making £13,000 profit on the tickets from English fans, who were willing to pay three times the original price for a chance to see the Red Rose go for history in Saturday’s final. Mark Shaw told the New Zealand Herald: “I had a lot of people come through [who were interested in the tickets], like heaps. Some of them were saying you’re joking but we said ‘don’t go then mate’, that’s our price.”Our theory was for all of us, if we don’t sell them we’ll go – it is the World Cup final, we were happy to go to the game.” One friend replied: “There’s a win right there!! Every cloud…” And another added: “Well played sir.” The group of fans are not the only ones making a profit from England fans who are scrambling for a chance… Read full this story
- Saracens beat holders Leinster to win third Champions Cup Final in four years
- Billy Vunipola: I let England down at 2019 World Cup and want to repair relationship with my brother
- Rugby’s rulers promise to take lead on stamping out homophobia
- Are Russia's soccer fans dangerous?
- Rugby League World Cup organisers upbeat on 2021 ticket sales despite coronavirus concerns
- Mike Forshaw: Sale Sharks coach and former rugby league star on the art of defence
- Vitality Netball World Cup final: Australia and New Zealand to show a rivalry like no other
- Vitality Netball World Cup: Zimbabwe Gems making debut to remember
- Gallagher Premiership preview 2018-19: SunSport rugby correspondent Jonny Fordham looks at this season’s contenders
- Dhoni has retired, so have I: Pakistan-born fan 'Chacha Chicago'
- Team of the week: The stand-out players from the Challenge Cup and NRL
- Power naps and big steaks: meet Sarina Wiegman, new England Women head coach
New Zealand fans boast of making huge profit selling Rugby World Cup final tickets to desperate England fans have 350 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 29, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.