New York’s Greenwich Village Halloween Parade, considered the largest participatory event in the country with 50,000 costumed revelers typically marching up Sixth Avenue, has been canceled due to concerns over COVID-19, parade organizers said today. The locally televised parade was to have featured Pose actor Billy Porter as grand marshal, with a theme of “Big Love.” An official announcement, including details about a substitute special event, will arrive next week, but no one should expect a virtual stream of costumed walkers. Parade Director Jeanne Fleming told the New York Post that the non-profit parade organization “just couldn’t do it online — it’s way too expensive.” “If I see another video of a person dancing alone in their kitchen I’m going to stab myself or I’m going to cry,” Fleming told the Post. The organizer’s surprise event, she said, will “be COVID safe, and big, but not gathering a crowd.” The cancelation is especially disappointing this year, Fleming noted, due to the convergence of a full moon, a Saturday night and the looming presidential election. “It was going to be a big embrace and a pushing out of love right before the election,” Fleming said. The parade, which invites anyone in… Read full this story
- 15 Ways Janette Sadik-Khan Is Making New York City A Better Place
- Millions of people flocked to Manhattan for New York's annual LGBT Pride March — here are the best photos
- The best way to celebrate Halloween in every state
- Vintage photos of people celebrating Halloween
- NYC pride parade is one of largest in movement's history
- Texan who directed Macy's spectacular Thanksgiving parade for 25 years finally gets to spectate
- Trump reportedly asks Trudeau during testy call on tariffs, 'Didn't you guys burn down the White House?'
- Staggering photos show what daily life in the most crowded cities in the world is really like
- Warren Buffett's annual letter is coming soon -- Here's what to expect.
- Patagonia Triggers a Market Panic Over New Rules on Its Power Vests
- Despite overcrowding and construction, Salt Lake City International Airport soars to No. 2 in quality ranking
- Homicide On Halloween; Kincade Fire; Free SMART Service: Patch PM
New York City’s 47th Annual Halloween Parade Canceled Due To Coronavirus Pandemic – Report have 350 words, post on deadline.com at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.