LucasFilm has announced that the two men behind HBO smash hit Game of Thrones series will write and produce new Star Wars films for Lucasfilm and Disney that will be separate from the current episodic Skywalker saga. David Benioff and DB Weiss will create the new series, which will also exist separately from Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson’s trilogy of new films set for release after the current trilogy concludes in 2019. “David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Lucasfilm president. Kathleen Kennedy said in a statement. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.” Benioff and Weiss are responsible for the enormously successful adaptation of GRR Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire novels, and have together written the majority of its 67 episodes across seven seasons. They will also write the final four episodes of season eight: the show’s last season, set to air in 2019. “In the summer of 1977 we travelled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” the pair said in… Read full this story
- New Star Wars set photo appears to show iconic location built for Obi-Wan Kenobi series
- Why Is Star Wars Fan Favorite Revan Suddenly Trending on Twitter?
- Today's Best Deals: Black Ops Cold War, Animal Crossing, Wolfenstein Bundle, And More
- Best Buy's 4-day sale includes some game deals you shouldn't miss
- Best cheap gaming laptop deals for April 2021
- CoD Season 3 Revealed - Maps, Zombies Content, Prestige Levels Coming To Black Ops Cold War And Warzone
- Thibodeau’s ways working - and winning - with surging Knicks
- Fort Siloso tour grants special access to three sites as part of series to mark Singapore's WWII fall
- New York Yankees' Jay Bruce announces retirement from MLB
- Game of Thrones is 10 years old – and now it's dead to us
- Apple's 'Carpool Karaoke' TV Series to Debut on August 8
- Meet Mike Mignola's new revenant hero Cojacaru the Skinner with co-creator Christopher Golden
New Star Wars series on the way from Game of Thrones creators have 342 words, post on www.ibtimes.co.uk at February 7, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.