HEALTH chiefs will on Thursday announce the launch of the new NHS Test and Trace app powered by Apple and Google. It is expected to be a “stripped back” version of the previous app, which proved too unreliable for contact tracing. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates Users will be told local infection rates and be able to scan barcodes at venues to receive notifications of outbreaks. They will also be able to check symptoms and book tests. But it is understood the app is unable to consistently tell how far devices have been from each other and for how long.It means people are unlikely to be told to isolate for two weeks if it detects potential contact with an infected person. This will change as the technology improves – hopefully in time for winter. Most read in Health NewsWATCH OUTThe 10 places on UK’s Covid watch list revealed as app predicts 6 new hotspotsWAITING TIMES NHS waiting lists at highest level since records began due to Covid pandemicEND OF THE LINERegularly taking cocaine ‘could leave you blind’, study warnsWarningUP IN FLAMESMum accidentally set her face on fire lighting a cigaretteMASKING THE TRUTHSome face… Read full this story
- Everything Google Announced Today
- Google Unveils Pixel 4 Phones With Radar, More Affordable Laptop
- Google Pixel Slate review: a strong case for death of Android tablets
- Hands free music on your iOS device with Tango Remote App
- Google Analytics: What is it?
- The New Art of The Start -- Three Growth Secrets from Guy Kawasaki
- 5 Secrets To Google AdWords Success
- Win With Google AdWords
- Making Google Work For You
- 5 Steps To Not Let The Power Of A Paycheck Stop You From Starting Your Own Business
- Mobile App Development Trends You must Watch This Year
- Powerful Tips for Super Fast Mini Site Profits!
New NHS Test and Trace app powered by Apple and Google set to launch today have 295 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.