The New Mexico Republican Party lambasted Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D) on the Breitbart News Saturday radio show for exacerbating the state’s economic crisis by, among other things, halting indoor restaurant service as part of changes to the reopening timeline that will go into effect Monday.“You’re watching not even the slow the destruction of the New Mexico economy but an almost complete destruction,” Steve Pearce, the chairman of the New Mexico GOP, told Breitbart News Saturday host, Matt Boyle. “Early in her shutdown order, she allowed the big-box stores to remain open … [but] closed the mom and pops [and] closed the restaurants.” “So she had to reopen up the restaurants to an extent,” and now she is saying “she has to close down the restaurants [to walk-in dining, but] leave the tattoo parlors open, leave other things open,” he added. On July 9, Grisham unveiled sweeping changes to the state’s standing public health order, citing a spike in infections across New Mexico. Grisham halted indoor restaurant services while allowing big retailers to continue operating, which will hurt small “mom and pop” establishments, Pearce argued. To the dismay of the state’s GOP, the governor also closed state parks to out of… Read full this story
- Senate approves Trump trade deal with Canada, Mexico
- Brutal cold follows massive East Coast winter storm -- live updates
- The question of Columbus Day: Was it worth it?
- How the Democrats’ Biggest Donor May be Playing into Trump’s Hands
- The struggle to be America’s 1st Native American congresswoman
- Lawyers flay Buhari’s claim on corruption, economy, security
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Trump fires back at Helsinki summit critics; Putin calls Russian meddling charges 'ridiculous'
- Who Will Do What Harry Reid Did Now That Harry Reid Is Gone?
- Have Republicans Finally Gone Too Far in Kansas?
- Some interesting Senate races to watch
- The Smart Bets for Last-Minute Democratic Donors
- Donald Trump and David Duke Are Sinister Soul Brothers
New Mexico GOP: Governor’s Reopening Rollback, Fines Worsening State’s Economic Woes have 318 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 12, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.