The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Sunday once again broke all records of nepotism when its selection committee, headed by former Test captain Inzamamul Haq, once again ignored senior batsman Fawad Alam but included Imamul Haq (Inzamam’s nephew) in a 15-member squad named for the upcoming tour of United Kingdom. The selectors have included five uncapped players in the team who will play Tests against Ireland and England starting next month, with an eye on the World Cup next year. The five include openers Fakhar Zaman and Imam. Batsmen Usman Salahuddin and Saad Ali, and all-rounder Faheem Ashraf are the other three uncapped members of the squad. Saad’s inclusion is notable for the reason he’s the only player in the squad selected purely on the basis of his Quaid-e-Azam Trophy form, Pakistan’s beleaguered premier first-class competition. In the previous season, he was the best batsman in the competition by a distance, scoring 957 runs at an average of 68.35. No one else scored more than 735 runs or averaged greater than 50 in a season noted for its low scores and bowler-friendly pitches. Fakhar’s Test inclusion may look out of place, given his reputation as a dasher, but he had… Read full this story
- Pakistan spinner Kashif Bhatti joins squad after testing COVID negative
- England summer plans gather pace with 55 players named in training squad
- NFL proposes broad expansion of rules for promoting players from practice squad
- Coronavirus UPDATES: UK official death toll increases by 126 to 44,517
- Bhatti joins Pakistan squad post recovery from remnant COVID-19 infection
- Australia include uncapped trio in 26-man preliminary squad
- Australia's 'bio-secure' tour of England to begin on September 4: Report
- Coronavirus UPDATES: UK coronavirus death toll hits 44,602 after 85 new fatalities
- UK coronavirus hospital deaths up by 39 in lowest Saturday rise in lockdown
- Coronavirus: The inside story of how UK's 'chaotic' testing regime 'broke all the rules'
- Coronavirus UPDATES: UK death toll edges close to 45,000 after 138 more deaths
- When will UK lockdown end? How Scotland, Wales and England are easing rules
Nepotism rules the roost as PCB names 16-member squad for UK Test tour have 325 words, post on dailytimes.com.pk at April 15, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.