From left, Kim Han-jung, representative of the Democratic Party; Ban Ki-moon, chair of Global Green Growth Institute; Park Byeong-seung, National Assembly speaker and also the chair of the 2021 APPF; Hong Ihk-pyo, representative of the Democratic Party; and Lee Chun-seok, secretary general of the National Assembly, attend the opening ceremony of the 29th Asia-Pacific Parliamentary Forum (APPF) at Conrad Seoul in Yeongdeungpo District, western Seoul, on Tuesday. [JOINT PRESS CORPS] Korea's National Assembly speaker called for overseas parliamentarians' support and cooperation for progress in the Korean Peninsula peace process during 29th Asia-Pacific Parliamentary Forum (APPF) Tuesday. "The Korean government has been dedicating its efforts toward putting a formal end to the Korean War," said Park Byeong-seung, Assembly speaker and also the chair of this year's APPF, during his opening speech at Conrad Seoul in Yeongdeungpo District, western Seoul. "I deeply appreciate the continued interest and support [to bring peace to the Korean peninsula.]" Formed in 1993, APPF is a forum comprised of national parliamentarians from 27 member states of the Asia-Pacific region to discuss mutual concerns and promote regional cooperation. This year's forum was held virtually and hosted by Seoul under the theme titled, "The role of parliaments in strengthening… Read full this story
- Rada speaker calls on Poland, Lithuania to develop common cybersecurity strategy
- National Assembly of Wales: AMs to vote on new name
- No quorum for National Assembly Council session
- News24.com | Mbalula calls for peace in Eastern Cape taxi industry
- Israeli minister on Dubai visit calls for 'peace'
- The Moldovan Socialist Party (PSRM) has organized a national protest rally in the Great National Assembly Square
- Assembly's Presiding Officer passionately defends AMs right to debate Brexit
- Why Eritrea didn’t win a Nobel for its peace accord when Ethiopia did
- ‘Today an MP expects our technical support for going live on Facebook’ – Armenian official
- Top Vietnamese legislator to attend 140th IPU Assembly in Qatar
- Macron Peace Forum to Kick Off Sunday in Paris
- At least 4 national security officials raised alarms about Trump’s Ukraine dealings
National Assembly speaker calls for support in peace progress during APPF have 336 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 14, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.