E Sreedharan (File image) E Sreedharan, popularly known as India's "Metro Man”, who recently quit active politics stating that he was more of a bureaucrat than a politician, looks at Prime Minister Narendra Modi's eight-year rule with an analytical eye. While he lauds the PM for initiatives like Swachh Bharat and Atmanirbhar Bharat, the abrogation of Article 370 sections in Jammu and Kashmir, he also expresses his utter disappointment at the way the country's railway system has been "mishandled". Hailing from Kerala, the 90-year-old technocrat joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in February 2021 and contested for Kerala's Palakkad assembly constituency but lost the election. Sreedharan feels that while Modi has delivered in the areas of sanitation, education, housing, water, and electricity facilities, the government has failed in handling the country's largest locomotive network — the Railways. "He is the best Prime Minister India has had since our Independence," said Sreedharan to News18. "I will give you reasons why I think so. The most important reason I give him credit is for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Initiative). His work on providing 10 crore toilets constructed in the country has been marvellous. Next comes his initiative of Atmanirbhar Bharat (Self-reliant India) where he has… Read full this story
- Growing population good or bad? PM Narendra Modi's view
- Battle for UP: PM Narendra Modi, SP chief Akhilesh Yadav to hold roadshows in Varanasi today
- PM Narendra Modi flags off Pune Metro Rail project; takes a ride from Garware Metro Station to Anandnagar
- UP, U'khand, Goa, Manipur won, PM Modi now shifts focus to Gujarat, holds roadshow in Ahmedabad
- Election Results: From hailing Yogi Adityanath to lauding BJP's 'jeet ka chauka', highlights of PM Modi's victory speech
- Ukraine FM urges PM Modi to reach out to Russian President Vladimir Putin to stop war
- Shashi Tharoor calls PM Modi 'man of tremendous vigour and dynamism', credits BJP's victory in UP polls to him
- Imran Khan wants a debate with the Indian PM to settle India-Pakistan differences. Has he watched any TV recently?
- Completion of important projects used to take long time for decades: PM Modi, says 'speed and scale' key to build infra
- Need To Focus On 'Make In India', Manufacture Sustainable & Qualitative Products: PM Modi
- PM Modi Discovered 'Ashta Lakshmi' in 8 North East States, Says Sarbananda Sonowal
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi lauds 'people's participation' in strengthening Swacch Bharat Mission
Narendra Modi India’s best PM, integrated J&K, but Railways emasculated, says Metro Man have 401 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at June 3, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.