Every four minutes, inside a rambling store in Deerfield, Massachusetts, it snows. It’s part of the Yankee Candle Village, a sprawling retail destination made of cobbled-together rustic-looking buildings. It’s a place, as a large sign outside the village informs, where “it’s always Christmas.” The north star around which Yankee Candle Village Christmas spins is their “Bavarian Village,” an amalgam that contains both a faux European town square under a simulated night sky and a “Nutcracker Castle” filled with vaguely Renaissance Fair-type merchandise. Everywhere there are alcoves full of thematically organized Christmas decorations. The snow happens in a small darkened room that is essentially the foyer to this attraction, filled with fake Christmas trees, decorated in ornaments that you are encouraged to pluck and purchase. I stood there for several minutes, puzzled, wondering whether I was supposed to interpret the LED lights as a form of snow. Suddenly, I heard a loud sound like a vacuum cleaner, or maybe one of those restroom hand dryers. Then mechanically generated flakes began shooting out of a machine tucked behind a rampart with a sign declaring “Snowflake Factory,” before drifting to the ground, dissipating as they fell. I drove the two and a half hours… Read full this story
- The Ixian Grand: A luxurious adults only hideaway in Greece
- The right way to do a solo trip if you're a single midlifer like me
- Hurry! Full list of Garena Free Fire Max August 14 redeem codes
- Ukraine war: Zaporizhzhia 'blackmail', Hungary imports more gas, Ukraine anthem played to Russians
- Disneyland cats are real. Here's how to see them.
- Lauren Goodger’s boyfriend Charles Drury seen for the first time since his arrest
- Full Moon Party In Koh Phangan Tonight, Bangkok Airways Flights Full
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on Aug. 14, 2022
My Visit to the Candle-Filled Overlook Hotel of Christmas Attractions have 293 words, post on jezebel.com at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.