Michelle Yeoh during the Golden Globe Awards LOS ANGELES — Dimension-hopping adventure "Everything Everywhere All at Once" topped the list of films nominated on Tuesday for this year's Academy Awards, securing 11 nominations that include a spot in the prestigious best picture race. Others vying for best picture include Steven Spielberg's coming-of-age film "The Fabelmans," the splashy "Elvis" biopic and "Avatar: The Way of Water," James Cameron's blockbuster sequel that currently ranks as the sixth-highest grossing movie of all time. "Top Gun: Maverick," "Tar," "Triangle of Sadness," "Women Talking" and "All Quiet on the Western Front" also are in the running. Winners of the industry's highest honors will be unveiled at a March 12 ceremony hosted by comedian Jimmy Kimmel and aired live on Walt Disney Co's ABC network. The Oscars and other entertainment awards shows have been struggling to attract TV viewers, particularly younger ones who spend time on TikTok and YouTube. Last year's Academy Awards show, when Will Smith slapped presenter Chris Rock before winning best actor, drew about 15.4 million TV viewers, the second-smallest audience ever. Winners will be voted on by the roughly 10,000 actors, producers, directors and film craftspeople who make up the Academy of… Read full this story
- Billie Eilish, Eminem, Cynthia Erivo and Janelle Monáe lead the star-studded musical performances as the 92nd annual Academy Awards delivers a night of surprises
- Vulture’s Final 2017 Oscar Predictions for Every Category
- Will Both the Best Picture and Best Director Oscars Go to
- Polish Those Oscars: Steven Spielberg, Oprah and Quincy Jones to Produce
- ‘Aquaman’ Tops ‘Dark Knight Rises’ As #1 DC Movie Ever WW; ‘Glass’ Leads Sleepy Session – International Box Office
- Oscars 2020: Scarlett Johansson and Renée Zellweger lead the red carpet arrivals
- Olivia de Havilland Dies: Oscar-Winning ‘Gone With The Wind’ Actress & Link To Hollywood’s Golden Era Was 104
- Downton Abbey nominated for a Golden Globe Award: see full list of 2014 nominees
- Peter Bart: Roman Polanski Expands Legal Action Against Academy Expulsion, Reminding Members He’s An Oscar Winner
- Big Brother 20 Spoilers: Who gets nominated on Week 1?
- Big wins for ‘Parasite’ give Oscar night an emotional high
- Rose McGowan accuses Oscar-winning director Alexander Payne of raping her when she was just 15 in 'bomb of truth' post on Instagram
Multiverse adventure ‘Everything Everywhere’ leads Oscar nominations have 391 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at January 25, 2023. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.