Philippa Hulme, 46, raised concerns over being placed on HRT during her menopause An NHS manager took a fatal overdose of anti-anxiety medication after she expressed fears about being put on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) to cope with her menopause, which ‘may have contributed to her symptoms’, an inquest heard. Philippa Hulme, 46, was already off work due to severe anxiety but she became worried about taking oestrogen and progesterone tablets amid public concerns they may heighten the risk of cancer. Last July 17 just two weeks after starting a trial of HRT on the recommendation of her GP and a just day after she cancelled a catch-up meeting with her boss, Ms Hulme took an accidental overdose of prescription beta blockers before she went to bed and woke up at 5am the following morning suffering from a severe seizure. She was taken to hospital but died less than two hours later with tests showing toxic levels of the anti-anxiety drug propranolol in her system. This week a coroner said the overdose was accidental, adding the mother-of-two known as Pippa may have inadvertently taken too many tablets in the hope of alleviating her anxiety. University business graduate Ms Hulme, from Wesham,… Read full this story
- Anxiety Disorders Types and Self-Help Methods
- Anxiety Panic Disorder is Not a Weakness
- Coping With the Emotional Impact of Menopause
- How to Manage and Conquer Depression
- 5 Steps for a Good Night's Sleep
- A Woman's Gift of Creation
- Interview with Iris Bell, Author of "Chew on Things"
- 30 Ways That Parents Can Exasperate Their Children
- Focus - Can I Have Your Attention?
- Critically Explore the Fascination with Body Trauma in Television Medical Melodrama
- The Truth about PMS
- Richard Wright Coming of Age in a White-Dominated South and Equipping Himself For Fighting Racism
Mother-of-two NHS manager, 46, accidentally overdosed on anti-anxiety pills after expressing fears about going on HRT to cope with her menopause symptoms, inquest hears have 284 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.