Utah Sen. Mike Lee is pushing his S.386 green card giveaway bill, in part, because the state's political and business establishment is betting imported Indian graduates will jump start the state's version of Silicon Valley. But Utah Sen. Mitt Romney's vote to impeach President Donald Trump has created a new problem for Lee's controversial bill, whose passage via the fast track Unanimous Consent rule has been blocked several times by GOP and Democratic Senators. "Lee's immigration bill will give Silicon Slopes the high-tech workers it needs," said the headline on an article posted by the Salt Lake Tribune . The December article was written by Miles Hansen, the president of a state-backed operation tasked with recruiting new investment into the state: As president and CEO of World Trade Center Utah, it's a story I hear over and over. One tech company in Sandy recently had to turn down significant new business opportunities because such visa restrictions made it impossible to bring on several qualified workers from India who were needed to meet growing demand. That's why I am grateful for Sen. Mike Lee's leadership in introducing legislation called the "Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act" that would remove the per-country cap for… Read full this story
- Mitt Romney Will Vote to Convict President Trump
- Poll: Mitt Romney More Popular with Democrats than Republicans
- Romney will vote in favor of a subpoena as part of the Burisma probe
- Romney Will Vote to Support New Senate Biden Probe - Reports
- Mike Leach Tweets About Mitt Romney After Impeachment Vote, Asks If Anybody Wants Him On Their Team
- Mitt Romney receives standing ovation in Denver for impeachment vote
- Matt Schlapp Says He Would Be ‘Afraid’ For Mitt Romney’s ‘Physical Safety’ At CPAC
- Romney will vote to approve subpoena in Senate committee's Hunter Biden probe
- Pelosi’s Impeachment Effort Backfires. Congressional GOP Now More Popular Than Dems. She Was Warned.
- In Blow To Democrats, Mitt Romney To Back Burisma Subpoena Connected To Bidens
- Mitt Stands Alone: Romney Sole GOP Defector As Senate Exonerates Trump
- House vote fails to quell storm surrounding Steve King
Mitt Romney’s Impeachment Vote Backfires on Utah’s Push for S.386 Green Card Giveaway have 358 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 7, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.