1951: London, England. Miss Sweden was the first Miss World.Miss United Kingdom, Laura Ellison-Davies, was the 1st runner-up…1952:London, England.Miss Sweden, May Louise Flodin, was crowned Miss World.1953:London, England. Denisse Perrier became the first French to win the Miss World. Miss Greece was the 1st runner-up…1954:London, England. Miss Egypt, Antigone Constanda, was elected Miss World. She was the first African woman to win the Miss World.1955:London, England. Surprisingly, Miss Venezuela, Carmen Susana Duijm Zubillaga, won the Miss World title. Miss Venezuela was given a heroines´s welcome when she returned to her country.1956:London, England.Miss Germany, Petra Sussana Schurmann, was elected Miss World.1957:London,England. Marita Lindahl was the first person from Finland to win the Miss World pageant.1958:London, England.Miss South Africa, Penelope Anne Colen, was elected Miss World. She was the second African woman to win the Miss World.1959:London, England.Corinne Rottschafer was the first woman from Holland to win the Miss World.1960:London,England. Norma Gladys Cappagly became the first Argentinian to win the Miss World.1961:London, England. Miss United Kingdom, Rosemary Frankland, won the Miss World title. Miss Taiwan, Grace Lee, was the first runner-up…1962:London,England.Catharina Johanna Lodders became the second Miss Holland to win the Miss World pageant.1963:London, England. Surprisingly, Miss Jamaica, Carole Joan Crawford, was… Read full this story
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election
- Miss Wales pageant entry rules 'outdated'
- Anastasia Lavrinchuk to represent Belarus at Miss World 2019
- British terror suspect entered 'Miss Hitler' contest, posed with Nazi flag
- Applications open for Miss Earth pageant
- Eastbourne 21-year-old is Miss England semi-finalist
- Miss Russia 2019: FABULOUS Alina Sanko From Russia’s South Grabs Crown
- Miss Russia 2019: FABULOUS Alina Sanko From Country’s South Grabs Crown
- 'Beauty boot camps' key to Philippine pageant dominance
- Darcey is Barry’s Miss Wales hopeful
- Kettering student needs your votes to qualify for Miss England
- Is 'Miss Manchester' still relevant in 2019?
Miss World Pageant have 329 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 10, 2007. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.