The day-long “unconference” offers “lightning talks, workshops and group discussions…[exploring] the interrelated issues of trust, media/data literacy, and the threat and potential of technology”. Advance media coverage has very much framed the event as a grassroots effort, connecting citizens and journalists concerned about the scourge of ‘fake news’ with tech experts tackling the issue. However, behind the popular facade a darker reality may lie. There are many reasons to have serious concerns about the motivations of those who are funding, promoting and supporting MisinfoConX — and question just how ‘public’ and ‘democratic’ the event truly is. No Expert The public faces of the “unconference” are Jennifer Jones and Bissie Anderson — it was learning of Jones’ involvement that initially perked my interest in the event, given her controversial recent history. Hi @jennifermjones, the example you have cited in your tweet is not a bot. Lithgae is an incredibly hard working individual, a real human. They are a benefit to the Yes movement and if anything we need more people like @everywoman61. pic.twitter.com/Czkg2wHIWF — Cameron Archibald (@MammothWhale) 29 август 2018 г. In August 2018, she wrote an article for Scotland’s Herald Newspaper, outlining the alleged activities and characteristics of pro-Scottish independence ‘bots’ and ‘sock puppets’ on Twitter. She somewhat dubiously suggested any account with a “non-identifying profile picture” and “quote about wanting a better future… Read full this story
- United States, Britain tell China and Russia: the West is not over yet
- Inside the massive Russian ‘war games’ involving 300,000 troops
- Dodging Russian Spies, Customers Are Ripping Out Kaspersky
- As Russians Vote, Resignation, Anger and Fear of a Post-Putin Unknown
- THREATS AND RESPONSES: UNITED NATIONS; Powell Calls for U.N. to Act on Iraq and Meets Deep Resistance
- Pres. Biden Arrives In Sacramento As He Points To Western Wildfires To Push For Big, $3.5 Trillion Rebuild
- About 1K in deep red Idaho protest Joe Biden visit to state
- Pres. Biden In Sacramento As He Points To Western Wildfires To Push For Big, $3.5 Trillion Rebuild
- The Party That Wants to Make Poland Great Again
- Slovakia's UNESCO site will host the Roman Games
- Concerning 'pattern' forming of ministers dodging blame for mistakes, says senior Tory MP
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden blames unvaccinated: 'Cost all of us'
MisinfoConX: Western Deep State Convenes Anti-Russian 'Astroturfing' Event? have 365 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.