The vastly different seaport fees for businesses making their declaration in HCM City and elsewhere is causing frustration to many of them. — Photo vov.vn The Ministry of Finance has called on HCM City to reconsider its collection of customs declaration fee from businesses. It said the fee is discriminatory, citing complaints by import-export companies in Dong Nai Province that they have to pay double if they make declarations locally for goods they ship through HCM City. For goods declared in HCM City, the rates ranges from VND15,000 (US$0.65) to VND500,000, exactly half the rates of declarations made elsewhere. The ministry said the disparities have significant consequences for both enterprises and the economy. It urged the city People’s Committee to soon ask the People’s Council to amend the fees to create a level playing field for all businesses in accordance with the laws. Since April 1, the city has been collecting port infrastructure fees. For goods imported for re-export, deposited in bonded warehouses and transit and transhipment, the fees are VND50,000 ($2.19) per tonne for liquid and bulk cargo, VND2.2 million ($96.5) for a 20-foot container and VND4.4 million ($193) for a 40-foot container. Goods meant for national defence, disaster… Read full this story
- HCM City transport authorities, firms discuss problems at dialogue
- HCM City Customs seize drugs sent from Europe
- HCM City, Hà Nội take first steps to schools autonomy
- HCM City to stabilise market prices
- Environment ministry announces measures to deal with scrap containers held up at ports
- Welcome to Baoding, China's most polluted city
- A new 'in-between' way to fly to New York City in a bigger seat
- PG&E bankruptcy plan leads SF to reconsider public power system
- The power of those who get to tell the stories
- Crackdown on banks charging millions of customers late payment and over-limit charges
- Those fees at Las Vegas Strip restaurants? You don’t have to pay them
- Jerusalem embassy opens as U.S. tells Israel 'you are not alone'
Ministry tells HCM City to reconsider discriminatory customs fee have 318 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.