In brief: Microsoft says Russia is the source for a majority of the nation-state cyberattacks observed in the past year, followed by North Korea, Iran, and China. In its latest Digital Defense Report, the company highlights trends in cybercriminal activity, which is growing in scale and sophistication with each passing month. Cyberattacks are on the rise, and Microsoft says Russian state-sponsored hackers are responsible for more campaigns that all other nations combined. The company’s Digital Defense Report this year draws from a large data pool and brings into focus a number of trends in cybercrime, supply chain security, hybrid work, disinformation, and nation-state malicious activity such as data breaches and ransomware attacks. (Click to expand) In the report, Microsoft corporate vice president of customer security and trust Tom Burt says no less than 58 percent of all cyberattacks observed by the company between July 2020 and June 2021 came from Russia alone. Not only that, but attacks coming from this region are increasingly effective — almost one in three are successful at compromising the security of the target organizations or population group. More than half of the attacks performed by Russian nation-state actors seem to be directed at government agencies… Read full this story
- Microsoft Claims Cyberattacks From Russia, China, Iran Targeted US Election Campaigns
- Microsoft says it thwarted attempts to hack both presidential campaigns from Russia, China and Iran
- Microsoft reports spike in foreign targeting of COVID-19 researchers, think tanks
- Microsoft: Iranian hacking group targeting attendees of major international security conferences
- State-sponsored hackers are diversifying tactics, report says
- Transcript: Robert O'Brien on "Face the Nation," October 25, 2020
- Microsoft did some research. Now it's angry about what it found
- Transcript: Sue Gordon on "Face the Nation," September 13, 2020
- Intelligence community's top election official: China and Iran don't want Trump to win reelection, Russia working to 'denigrate' Biden
- Barr Tried to Prove a Deep State Plot Against Trump. He Failed.
- Intelligence bulletin warns Russia amplifying false claims mail-in voting will lead to widespread fraud
- Transcript: Jeh Johnson on "Face the Nation," November 1, 2020
Microsoft: More than half of all nation-state cyberattacks come from Russia have 328 words, post on www.techspot.com at October 8, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.