Apple has fixed a security bug in its MacOS software after Microsoft researchers alerted the iPhone maker about the vulnerability that could be used by hackers. Microsoft discovered the vulnerability in MacOS that could allow an attacker to bypass System Integrity Protection (SIP) in macOS and perform arbitrary operations on a device. The bug allowed a potential attacker to install a hardware interface that allows them to “overwrite system files, or install persistent, undetectable malware”. “We also found a similar technique that could allow an attacker to elevate their privileges to root an affected device. We shared these findings with Apple through Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure (CVD) via Microsoft Security Vulnerability Research (MSVR),” Microsoft 365 Defender Research Team said in a statement. Apple issued a fix for this vulnerability, now identified as CVE-2021-30892, in its latest security update. SIP is a security technology in macOS that restricts a root user from performing operations that may compromise system integrity. ” We found that the vulnerability lies in how Apple-signed packages with post-install scripts are installed. A malicious actor could create a specially crafted file that would hijack the installation process,” the Microsoft researchers noted. After bypassing SIP’s restrictions, the attacker could then… Read full this story
- Adobe fixes critical code execution flaws in latest patch update
- Windows 10 patch expert begs Microsoft: 'Please fix uptick in botched updates'
- Apple Promises Fix for Throttled MacBook Pros, But That Might Not Solve Everything
- Apple Sure Has Some Weird New Hobbies
- Microsoft Says Russians Hacked Antidoping Agency Computers
- Apple Macbook Pro bug patched, unleashing full-speed performance (updated)
- Apple identifies bug behind MacBook Pro speed throttling, offers quick fix
- Apple patches 2018 MacBook Pro to address throttled performance and overheating
- Apple WWDC Keynote: Retina-Display MacBook Pro, iOS 6 Gets Facebook, Smarter Siri & Apple’s New Maps
- New Windows 10 1809 bug: Zip data-loss flaw is months old but Microsoft missed it
- Windows 10: These two new builds deliver lots of bug fixes
- Apple Confirms 2018 MacBook Pro CPU Throttling, Issues Fix
microsoft: Apple fixes critical MacOS bug after alert from Microsoft have 320 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at November 1, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.