Angelique S. Chengelis The Detroit News Published 8:13 PM EDT May 17, 2019 Ann Arbor — And now comes the real test for the Michigan softball team. The Wolverines were not expected to struggle with St. Francis (Pa.), which entered with a 29-29 record, and didn’t. They cruised to an 8-0 run-rule shutout in sixth innings in the NCAA Regional game Friday afternoon at Alumni Field. Michigan, hosting a regional for the first time since 2016, improves to 45-11, and has won 32 of the last 33 games at home. BOX SCORE: Michigan 8, St. Francis 0 But now for the real challenge. The Wolverines will play James Madison (48-7), which arrived disappointed it did not earn one of the 16 seeds to host a regional, on Saturday at noon. The No. 13 Dukes beat DePaul, 5-2, in the first game on Friday. No. 19-ranked Michigan and James Madison played earlier this season, with the Dukes winning, 3-0. Michigan starting pitcher Meghan Beaubien looked strong and had six strikeouts in five innings. Beaubien entered the NCAA Tournament with plenty of steam after earning Big Ten Tournament MVP last week with 16 strikeouts over 15.2 innings pitched. Michigan coach Carol Hutchins said Thursday both of Michigan’s top… Read full this story
- Countdown To 2021 NCAA Tournament: No. 1 Seeds Most Popular Bets Led By Gonzaga, Michigan And Illinois
- In Michigan, a Park Made of Water
- How America’s Coastal Cities Left the Heartland Behind
- How Do You Shelter in Place When You Don’t Have a Home?
- Quantifying Louisiana's dire hospital staff shortages as COVID hospitalizations break records
- Los Angeles County Sheriff tells deputies to watch each other's back as search goes on for shooter
- 50 car companies that no longer exist
- Best in College Sports: Alabama rolls over competition to claim award for 2020-21 athletic season
- Trump Signs $2 Trillion Bill as U.S. Virus Cases Pass 100,000
- How snowfall levels have changed across 100 U.S. cities
- Illumina Inc (ILMN) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - White House, Dems play blame game over evictions
Michigan softball dispatches St. Francis in regional opener have 327 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at May 17, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.