Ajit Pai, the new chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, doesn’t let a little thing like a hurricane stop him from his obligations.When the rest of the East Coast was taking cover from Hurricane Sandy in 2012, then-FCC Commissioner Pai was sitting in his kitchen at his home in northern Virginia, delivering a keynote speech via video conference to attendees at the 4G World Trade show in Chicago.Pai had been scheduled to give his keynote to the small trade show in person. But Sandy shut down travel to and from Washington, Pai offered to do the address remotely.”When he was on the big screen, you could see the trees and wind whipping wildly in the midst of the hurricane,” said Fred Campbell, the director of the free-market think tank Tech Knowledge and adviser to former FCC Chairman Kevin Martin who helped organize the show. “He calmly delivered his speech and acted as if it was no big deal.” For people who know him well, this is no surprise. Pai often goes out of his way to be nice. He’s the kind of person who remembers co-workers’ birthdays or your kids’ first names. It doesn’t matter if you’re a congressman from… Read full this story
- Paul Kimmage meets Stephen Kenny: 'I realised, I don't care what people think, I know as much as anyone'
- Vincent Hogan meets Billy Walsh
- Paul Pogba scores twice as Manchester United dismantle Bournemouth
- Paul Pogba scores twice as free-flowing Manchester United dismantle Bournemouth
- Paul Pogba red card compounds dire night for Man Utd as Kylian Mbappe and PSG prove a class above
- Who is Bradley Walsh’s wife, how many children does he have and what’s The Chase host’s net worth?
- Sunday Snap: Irish eyes smiling, Bree’s best, the ‘look away now’ moment and a Bishop milestone
- Man United manager news LIVE Solskjaer confirmed as new Man Utd manager
- Manchester United: How Ole Gunnar Solskjaer turned around a toxic atmosphere
- Manchester City take no prisoners as they batter Burton in League Cup semi
- Novak Djokovic overcomes Mitchell Krueger to set up second round clash with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Australia
- Brilliant Naomi Osaka thrashes Magda Linette to reach Australian Open second round
Meet the man who'll dismantle net neutrality 'with a smile' have 364 words, post on www.cnet.com at February 14, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.