Spurred by a recovering economy, easy credit, cheap gas prices and other factors, 2014 was a year of surging, record-breaking new car sales. There were a lot of winners there, including Chrysler, General Motors, Subaru, and now even Mazda. This morning Mazda announced that they sold 305,000 cars in the U.S. in 2014, including retail and fleet cars. They that’s the best sales year they’ve had since 1994. Strong sellers for Mazda include the Mazda3, which had its second-best December ever, and the Mazda CX-5, which had its best December ever, period. The Mazda6 also had its best year since 2007. I think this is good news for a lot of reasons. First, we’re generally fans of Mazda, because they make normal, affordable cars that aren’t insanely boring to drive like most normal, affordable cars are. The Mazda3 and Mazda CX-5 are among the best cars in their classes, and when most people ask me what new car they should buy I usually tell them to get one of those. Second, it’s good because things are tough out there for Mazda. Unlike nearly every other major automaker, they aren’t part of some huge conglomerate that can spread losses across the… Read full this story
- Just an off year, or are vets fading?
- NFL players just can’t help themselves
- Henry hopes for another 10 years as Red Sox owner
- Marion Jones: Usain Bolt could be best ever
- Sale fans 13, White Sox sweep Yanks
- Further review: Jimbo Fisher’s first three years at FSU
- Woods voted PGA player of the year
- Syracuse’s Boeheim named AP’s Coach of the Year
- Rams extend Baron’s contract one year
- Contract year: Aiming for big payday
- UNC opens practice for Davis’ 4th year
- History tells teams just don’t three-peat
Mazda Just Had Its Best Sales Year Since 1994 have 300 words, post on jalopnik.com at January 5, 2015. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.