INJURY BLOW by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Maxwell is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. © Getty Glenn Maxwell, originally named in both the T20I and ODI squads, will miss Australia’s upcoming limited-overs tour of South Africa due to an elbow injury. He will be replaced by D’Arcy Short, Cricket Australia confirmed on Wednesday (February 12). Maxwell, who was managing his troubled left elbow through the BBL, reported increased pain over the weekend, following which scans revealed “some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint”. He will now undergo surgery and is expected to be out for six to eight weeks. As a result, he might miss at least the start of the IPL. This also means a further delay to Maxwell’s anticipated international return since his mental health break late last year. “Representing Australia is the highest honour in cricket and something I cherish,” Maxwell said. “I was not confident that I could perform at international level with my elbow in its current state and have decided to undergo surgery straight away to fix the issue. “I would like to thank Justin Langer, Ben Oliver, Trevor Hohns and the whole Australian squad for their… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle mixes old outfits, affordable styles during South Africa tour
- India vs South Africa: Virat Kohli Calls Wriddhiman Saha 'World's Best Keeper' As Rishabh Pant Is Axed For 1st Test
- IND vs SA: After India Hammering, South Africa Coach Seeks Pep Guardiola Inspiration
- India vs South Africa: Ravi Shastri Shares Picture With "True Indian Legend In His Den"
- India vs South Africa: Zubayr Hamza Blames Mental Preparation For Poor Show In Test Series
- 8 things to look out for during Harry and Meghan's Africa tour
- India vs South Africa: Dean Elgar Faces Fans' Wrath For Comment On Hotels, Food In India
- India vs South Africa: Captain Virat Kohli Beats Allan Border In A Unique Record
- Cheslin Kolbe back in contention for South Africa in World Cup final
- India vs South Africa: Faf Du Plessis Asks South Africa Batsmen To Step Up In Ranchi Test Against India
- India vs South Africa: Wriddhiman Saha Says He Has "Good Understanding, Co-ordination" With Rishabh Pant
- The real South Africa: Get under the skin of this fascinating country with the people who know it best
Maxwell to miss South Africa tour due to elbow injury have 388 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.