Maverick Carter dreams of turning LeBron James into Fat Albert. In pursuit of this farfetched fantasy, the chauffeured black Mercedes-Benz parks at 26th and Broadway, Manhattan’s historic Flatiron District, 25 minutes before the scheduled start of Carter’s meeting with the founders of Believe Entertainment Group. Cheryl Singleton, Carter’s assistant, rides shotgun. Tall and lean, Carter rests comfortably in the back. Dressed in charcoal blue trousers, a gray, half-zipper sweater, a navy blue, three-quarters-length trench coat and boots, Carter appears youthfully professional, appropriate for a corporate meeting and an R&B concert. Sans the $50,000 Audemars Piguet “Legacy” watch, Carter strikes a rather inconspicuous look. As you pass him in the idling S550, you would not mistake the 29-year-old CEO for a pro athlete, an actor, a singer or an entertainer. We kill time chatting about mostly nothing, then Carter asks an important question. “Did I ever tell you the story about Beats by Dre?” he inquires excitedly. No. “I’m in Los Angeles,” Carter says. “I’m with Jimmy Iovine. We’re in his office. It’s a couple of years ago, around 2008.” Iovine is the chairman of Interscope Records. He produced albums for U2 and Tom Petty. Iovine discovered Eminem. Iovine sold the… Read full this story
- Guy Needs All the Help He Can Get: Jimmy Carter Says He Prays for Donald Trump
- What we forget about Jimmy Carter's legacy
- 'She deserved better!' EastEnders fans 'gutted' as Gray Atkins MURDERS Tina Carter, hides her body and tells her family she's left Walford in shock twist
- Three things to know: Curry drops 62-point response to critics, then evokes Jordan meme
- 'William told Diana: Mummy, Martin Bashir isn't a good person': Princess Diana's lover Hasnat Khan breaks his silence to savage Bashir over THAT interview - and reveals Prince's fury
- Murdered Saudi Journalist Jamal Khashoggi At Center Of ‘Kingdom Of Silence’: “His Life Was Just Epic” – Contenders Documentary
- Critically-ill Covid patients in London and south east will be sent to hospitals in the West Country to ease pressure on overwhelmed wards amid second wave as medics warn of more under 30s battling virus in intensive care
- End the silence about what Covid-19 is doing to America's prisons
- EU gives green light to Moderna jab amid chaos over vaccine rollout with high rates of infections and strong criticism of the slow pace of vaccinations
- Judd Apatow accuses film industry of censorship: 'China has bought our silence'
- Tina Carter's brutal EastEnders murder mirrored Chantelle Atkins' tragic final moments
- EastEnders fans moved by powerful Mick Carter suicide plot as he opens up on dark past
Maverick Carter out to silence critics have 423 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 6, 2011. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.