Couples and families with young children from Manhattan and Queens have been flocking to Manhasset since the start of the pandemic, competing for million-dollar-plus homes in this casually elegant hamlet on the wealthy North Shore of Long Island, in western Nassau County. Among the recent buyers were some who grew up in the affable, well-to-do enclave and returned to raise their own families. In June, shortly before they had twins, Maggie and Andrew Keister moved from an apartment in Hoboken, N.J., to the updated three-bedroom, three-and-a-half-bath 1928 Tudor they bought for $1,456,600 in Manhasset, Ms. Keister's hometown. Manhasset Bay Port Washington 1/2 mile Science Museum of Long Island NASSAU COUNTY FLOWER HILL PLANDOME Great Neck Manhasset station MUNSEY PARK NORTHERN BLVD. NEW YORK Americana Manhasset Mary Jane Davies Green Manhasset L.I.R.R. SHELTER ROCK RD. NORTH HILLS N.Y. North Shore University Hospital CONN. N.J. Manhasset LONG ISLAND EXPWY. New York City NASSAU NORTHERN STATE PKWY. Herricks With its square backyard, detached garage and room for a swing set on a 0.15-acre lot, the property "has a lot of charm," said Ms. Keister, 32, a schoolteacher. (Mr. Keister, 33, a beer salesman, is from southern New Jersey.) Moreover, it takes five minutes… Read full this story
- Tribeca Announces Short Film Lineup For 2020 Fest: Organizers Says It’s Still A Go
- Downtown Nashville Is Supposed to Be the Model of the Walkable 21st-Century City. I’m Not So Sure.
- The truth about gentrification: regeneration or con trick?
- A world in chaos: Five countries order schools to close, churches in Rome shut their doors, and showpiece sporting events are axed as global death toll from coronavirus nears 5,000
- Half of Britain's coronavirus patients have been sent home: UK goes against EU advice by telling sufferers 'with mild symptoms' to lock themselves in their bedroom and avoid family members - amid fears the NHS doesn't have enough beds for an outbreak
Manhasset, N.Y.: Hometown Aura and a Short Commute Lure Residents have 319 words, post on www.nytimes.com at November 11, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.