At this point I’ve written every possible angle I can think of when it comes to Big 12 realignment (though I may have to redo Monday’s Big 12 Expansion Bracket now that we’ve got two more contenders.)What if, after all this, it turns out the conference doesn’t add anybody? Stewart: I live in Houston and have a few contacts who are very close with UH athletics. They believe Big 12 expansion talk is in fact a cover-up designed to take media attention off the Baylor scandal. They are convinced as soon as the season gets here and either Texas beats Notre Dame, or TCU beats Arkansas, or Oklahoma beats Ohio State, they’ll announce they’ve found it best to stick with 10. — Mark in HoustonI don’t know about the conspiracy theory (though anything’s possible in realignment), but there does remain a very real possibility – about 40 percent, if not higher – that the conference will eventually make that very announcement.There are several reasons why.First of all, nearly a month after the initial announcement about entertaining expansion candidates, I’ve still yet to hear any real enthusiasm or tangible reasoning from within the conference as to why they would do this…. Read full this story
- Boys basketball: Barbs end regular season, final Northern Illinois Big 12 game, with win over Sycamore
- March Madness: Iowa State beats Kansas in Big 12 title game
- Boys basketball: DeKalb wins final Northern Illinois Big 12 game against Sycamore
- Eberly caps career with Northern Illinois BIg 12 title
- Boys bowling: Eberly caps career with Northern Illinois Big 12 title, bowler of year award
- History of the Universe could be rewritten after scientists find it’s expanding FASTER than it should be
- Fears that council could use drone to 'expand state surveillance'
- From drones to dentists...Grenke gives SME leasing the personal touch as its Irish presence expands
- CX Index expands with Canadian deals
- KPMG expands on Kirchberg
- Accountancy company Ross Boyd expanding as new director signs up
- Forecourts are now sucking diesel with expanded retail offerings
Mailbag: Why the Big 12 might not expand after all have 328 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 16, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.