Qatar Chamber’s Committee on Food Security and Environment has affirmed the importance of setting fair prices for Qatari agricultural products to protect local products and encourage farms owners to increase production and achieve self-sufficiency. The meeting was attended by representatives of a number of government agencies, as well as representatives of retail outlets, retailers, farm owners and producers, it focused on prices of agricultural products and mechanisms of protecting local products and consumers. The discussion focused on the prices of agricultural products and the mechanisms to protect local products and consumers. The participants of the meeting suggested the establishment of a marketing company to promote, prepare, and sell local products to consumer complexes and outlets. They proposed the cancelation of the compulsory pricing for two months to examine its impact. They also emphasised the importance of assisting farms to produce permanently by providing the country with support for green houses, while benefiting from regional and international expertise in this field. The committee recommended that producers, importers, and outlets should join hands to provide fair prices for local products. It also affirmed the importance of issuing legislation that regulates the country’s production of agriculture and fisheries, while taking into account the… Read full this story
- Insecticides put world food supplies at risk, say scientists
- Farming opinion: Farming at a crossroads as government publishes new Agriculture Bill
- East Anglian farmer fears Brexit no deal with see UK cereal prices plummet
- East Anglian farmers told to prepare for Fourth Agricultural Revolution
- Catapulting sustainable agriculture and growth
- Rushed policy transition could leave farm businesses at a ‘cliff edge’ says CLA president
- Recycling at the Fair isn’t as easy as it sounds, but it’s growing
- Are vertical farms the answer to healthier, longer-lasting food?
- India’s love for natural products is curated by this marketplace
- Japanese food and goods fair to open in HCM City
- Katie Price slammed by furious neighbours who ‘want her to sell up and leave’ after she leaves messy mansion ‘to rot’
- Record 2,000 exhibitors from 29 countries for four HKTDC Lifestyle Fairs
‘Local agricultural products must be sold at fair price’, says food security committee have 335 words, post on www.gulf-times.com at May 12, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.