A HUGE overhaul of income taxes has been revealed by the Chancellor today as part of his mini-budget. Kwasi Kwarteng announced one of his budget ‘rabbits’ would be scrapping the very top rate of income tax for workers. Read more on our live blog here It means that anyone earning more than £150,000 will be able to keep more of their earnings, as their tax will go down to 40 per cent for anything above £50,000. That will affect 629,000 Brits, according to HMRC – but critics will say that it will help the richest the most. To combat that, the Chancellor also confirmed that slashing the 20 per cent rate of income tax down to 19p will come in next April. That will help millions of workers paying the lowest rates of income tax, who will be better off. Higher inflation and freezing the tax brackets means more people will be dragged into paying more tax. Elsewhere in today’s mini-budget , the Chancellor confirmed: National Insurance rises will be cancelled and reversed A planned corporation tax rise will be ditched Stamp duty will be cut for millions of people buying homes – with a huge increase in allowances for… Read full this story
- Britain can't spend way to prosperity after Covid, Kwasi Kwarteng warns
- Kwasi Kwarteng: Brexit is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity we must take advantage of
- Fuel firms ordered to explain £500 rise per person in annual petrol cost despite tax cuts
- Budget 2022| FM Niramala Sitharaman blends welfare needs with reformist intent
- Millions revealed to be paying higher taxes as pressure mounts on Sunak
- Union Budget 2021: Atmanirbhar Bharat Has to Battle the Twin Challenges of Covid-19 and China
- Inheritance Tax could rise after coronavirus crisis - rules which might affect you
- Rishi Sunak resists demands from Johnson for cut to corporation tax
- Pension: Millions missing out on tax relief as system ‘exacerbates existing inequalities’
- Wealth tax introduction: The cost of covid makes tax increases a 'very likely response'
- Javid and Hunt pledge massive tax cuts as pair launch leadership bids to succeed Boris
- Inheritance tax warning: Families 'pushed' into losing millions of pounds in IHT bills
Kwasi Kwarteng reveals overhaul to income tax in mini budget with top rate ABOLISHED have 339 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.