Samsung Medical Center doctors review a patient’s medical data through a wireless device. [KT]KT tested a series of medical technologies supported by its 5G network at the Samsung Medical Center. Among the devices tested were artificial intelligence (AI) speakers in the rooms of patients and robots in operating theaters. The company said Tuesday that it successfully tested a 5G-backed diagnosis system, which helps shorten the time needed for identifying diseases. Previously, cancer diagnosis required a 1-kilometer (0.6-mile) commute or a 20-minute walk between the treatment center and diagnosis office. The installation of 5G negated the need to move back and forth between the places as it enables doctors to get access to the records of CT scans or MRIs, which are typically stored in image files that are 4 gigabytes in size. Using the 5G connectivity, doctors can swiftly download the images on the other side of the medical center. The carrier also fitted some patient rooms with its Smart Care Giver device, a voice-activated speaker, to help the patients to control lights and temperature in the rooms. Autonomous robots were put to the test transporting and discarding medical waste in surgery rooms. Virtual and augmented reality technologies were used… Read full this story
- Apple Plans To Test 5G Wireless Technology In Cupertino
- Apple Is Testing 5G Tech For IPhones Of The Future
- Google Secretly Tests 5G Internet Drone – 40 Times Faster Than 4G
- NASA And Boeing Testing Eco-friendly Technologies For The Planes
- NASA Starts Testing E-Sail Technology To Send Spacecraft To The Edge Of Our Solar System
- AOL testing new antispam technology
- NTT tests 400Gbps optical technology for Internet backbone
- Space X appears to pass major test of rocket technology
- Huawei And Deutsche Telekom Jointly Demonstrate 5G E2E Network Slicing Technology
- Qualcomm MU-MIMO Technology Beats Broadcom?
- FAQ: What the FCC’s 5G vote will mean
- AT&T Unveils 5G Roadmap In 2016
KT tests 5G hospital technologies have 316 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at January 15, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.