Tourists go through a cajuput forest in Kiên Giang Province's Giồng Riềng District. The forest is owned by farmer Dương Văn Minh. – VNA/VNS Photo Lê Huy Hải KIÊN GIANG – More farmers in Kiên Giang Province's Giồng Riềng District have switched to growing cajuput trees on unproductive rice fields, fallow areas and lands with acid sulphate soil, optimal places for them to grow. The model of growing cajuput in combination with breeding bees for honey and fish and snails offers them a good income. Dương Văn Minh has a 22ha cajuput forest in Thạnh Lộc Commune's Thạnh Lợp Hamlet and breeds bees, freshwater fish and other aquatic species in the forest. The trees are one to three years old and house 120 bee hives. He used to grow rice but the acid sulfate soil in his land affected growth. Now he harvests up to five hectares of cajuput a year, he said. The wood is used for construction, making paper and furniture. He is expanding the area under cajuput and making his forest tidy to attract tourists, Minh said. Local farmers love the model since it not only offers a steady income of VNĐ150 – 200 million (US$6,500 -… Read full this story
- Đồng Nai switches to sophisticated aquaculture methods
- Canon Vietnam presents 500 meal tool sets to pupils in Ha Giang...
- Trà Vinh farmers grow mangrove forests to breed shrimp, other species
- Switching province no longer a taboo subject: O'Connor
- Switching province no longer a taboo subject, says Ulster's Leinsterman O'Connor
- Farmers and revellers
- Farmer goes back to where it all started for brand new Winter Supermoto series
- Confident Seeley aims to get off to a flyer after big Supersport switch
- Satellites detect 22 hotspots in three Sumatran provinces
- Tevin Farmer's championship swagger has him feeling like he can't be beat
- “Selling tractors is not easy. You don’t have walk-in customers as in car showrooms. You have to go out and engage with farmers.”
- Dodgers pull a surprise switch – add Julio Urias to NLCS roster, bump Scott Alexander
Kiên Giang Province farmers switch to cajuput have 349 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.