England’s deputy medical officer today warned that Britons may wear face masks for years to come and could become as commonplace as in the Far East, even after a successful coronavirus vaccine becomes available. Professor Jonathan Van-Tam said there would not be an opportunity to ‘have a massive party and throw out our masks and hand sanitiser’ in a similar way to celebrations marking the end of World War Two. He was then interrupted by Boris Johnson at a No10 press conference tonight, who insisted that life would return to ‘pretty much as close to normal’ a day after he suffered the biggest Tory rebellion in this Parliament so far. However, Mr Johnson warned the ‘worst thing now would be to think that this is the moment when we can relax our guard’, saying it would be wrong to think it is ‘game over in the fight against Covid’ and ‘this is not the end’ as he urged people to stick to the new rules ahead of a potential return to normal life in spring next year. It comes as the UK today approved Pfizer/BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine, paving the way for thousands of care home residents – who are at the… Read full this story
- General election: 43 lies, gaffes and scandals that make Boris Johnson unfit to rule
- Boris Johnson warns Brussels that Britain cannot be 'held against its will' as Ireland mounts all-out bid to kill off his fledgling Brexit blueprint before it has even been formally tabled
- General election LIVE: Nigel Farage 'outmanoeuvred' by Boris Johnson over Brexit U-turn
- 'You can't hide forever!' Boris Johnson vents fury at 'yellow belly' Jeremy Corbyn after MPs BLOCK his latest bid for snap election - then SHUTS Parliament for five weeks saying he will REFUSE to extend Brexit despite Remainer law
- Senior SNP MP Stewart Hosie says opposition parties could stage a confidence vote in Boris Johnson’s government next week in bid to stop UK ‘crashing out’ of EU in no-deal Brexit
- Brexit: What happens now explained after Boris Johnson asks for delay
- Poll of polls suggests Boris Johnson's Conservatives could win HUGE 96-seat majority despite losing five per cent share of the popular vote
- What are Boris Johnson’s most controversial comments, from his burka ‘letterbox’ jibe to racism allegations
- Now Cameron turns nasty with savage attack on Boris: Simmering feud bursts into the open as PM accuses his rival of backing the Out campaign just to further his dream of getting the top job
- Cabinet rebel Priti Patel says David Cameron's EU deal could be 'ripped up by EU judges' - at the same time as the PM was telling MPs it was 'legally binding'
- Jeremy Corbyn has made us feel unsafe living in Britain: Rabbi Jonathan Romain makes devastating personal plea to voters about what Labour's anti-Semitism crisis means for his fearful congregation
- UK weather forecast – Half a month’s rain to fall in ONE DAY as Met Office warns more floods to batter Britain
Jonathan Van-Tam warns that face masks could be necessary 'for YEARS' despite vaccine and could become as commonplace as in the Far East (before Boris Johnson interrupts to say things WILL get 'back to normal') have 490 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.