Jersey, one of the Channel Islands in the English Channel (in contrast to Jersey, USA), is a small yet beautiful island, perfect for a short holiday.The island itself is as far south as France (St. Malo is less than 4 miles away and visible on a clear day) and so whilst still part of the British empire it benefits from far better weather.This weather means not only an ideal place for camping, beaches and outdoor pursuits but also you will see a profusion of plants and animals not normally seen on mainland Britain. Most notable is the only British population of the Green Lizard, often nicknamed the Jersey Green Lizard for just this very reason. Reaching around a foot long, and the males possessing a bright blue throat they are certainly a wonderful (if rare) sight to behold. Red squirrels can still be seen here for the eagle-eyed and dolphins may often be seen during the summer months.Talking of beaches, whilst the island only measures a few miles long there are beaches for all occasions. Long, sandy beaches perfect for surfing, more protected “sun bather” beaches and wild rocky outcrops covered in breeding sea birds. There are even some caves… Read full this story
- Wayne Ellington gets picked for jersey swap. ‘It’s been an honor to play with D-Wade.’
- Two key Dolphins players continue to wear non-contact jerseys ahead of Colts game
- NBA scores, highlights, updates: Nets clinch playoff spot; Nuggets battle Blazers with playoff positioning on the line
- NBA scores, highlights, updates: Nets clinch playoff spot; Trail Blazers edge Nuggets
- NBA scores, highlights, results: Nets clinch playoff spot; Rockets close in on 2-seed with win paired with Nuggets loss
- With spring ending soon, Bulldogs still looking for some answers, but safety is a Free spot
- Why Richard Sherman is so revered by his Seahawks replacement, Shaquill Griffin
- Nashville gets its chance to step up for NFL draft
- ‘It will be weird.’ Former Hurricanes star goalie Cam Ward returns to PNC Arena.
- Martinook fits in well with the Russian and the Swede
- 1967 Ford Cobra 427 – First Time ‘Round
- Dolphins getting seemingly healthy coming off the bye week
Jersey As a Vacation Spot have 352 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 15, 2008. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.