Jeff Hafley‘s stay in Columbus, as it turns out, will be a brief one. With speculation growing overnight, Boston College confirmed Saturday morning that Hafley has been named as the football program’s 36th head football coach. Hafley will replace Steve Addazio, who was fired earlier this month before being named as the head coach at Colorado State. The co-defensive coordinator at Ohio State, Hafley is expected to remain with the Buckeyes for however long their playoff run lasts. “Jeff Hafley was someone we targeted from the outset and we could not be happier to welcome Jeff, Gina, Hope and Leah to Boston College,” said BC athletic director Martin Jarmond in a statement. “Jeff’s shown throughout his coaching career he is a tremendous leader with high integrity and a gift for teaching. His passion, leadership and ability to recruit and develop student-athletes make him the right fit to lead Boston College to greater heights on and off the field.” Hafley is in his first, and obviously last, season with the Buckeyes. This season, OSU’s defense ranks first nationally in yards per play (3.9), second in total defense (247.6 yards per game), third in scoring defense (12.5 points per game), third in… Read full this story
- NBA drags feet on hiring women head coaches while another hoops league proves how stupid that is
- Urban Meyer Hired As New Jaguars Head Coach, He's Baaaack!
- Big Ten Media Days 2021: Ohio State QB battle, coaches on the hot seat among storylines in Indianapolis
- 2021 Pac-12 Media Days takeaways: New commissioner faces realignment, expectations high for Clay Helton at USC
- College coaches working to learn NIL impact on recruiting
- All the Ways Justice League Sets Up the Future of DC Movies
- LSU set to hire Arizona coach Jay Johnson as its next baseball coach: sources
- Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson went to space. What's next?
- 21 compelling storylines, teams, coaches, players that will dominate the 2021 college football season
- 2021 Big Ten Media Days takeaways: Jim Harbaugh has a leader in Michigan's QB battle, Penn State's big opener
- Colorado State’s Steve Addazio in favor of expanded College Football Playoff
- All eyes on Dalton, Fields as Bears head into training camp
Jeff Hafley named BC’s new head coach; co-DC expected to stay with Ohio State through playoffs have 355 words, post on collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.