New York (CNN Business)The richest man in the world just made a lively presentation about his vision for sending humanity to live in space. Jeff Bezos on Thursday unveiled a brand new rocket engine and a mockup of the lunar lander it wants to use to shuttle cargo or people to the moon. He also spoke about one day creating giant orbital structures that could host self-sustaining colonies, and his dream of people living and working among the stars. If much of the speech from Bezos, the Amazon CEO and Blue Origin founder, sounded like far-out science fiction, that’s because it is. For the time being. Bezos speaks prior to making his announcement. But he did offer insight into Blue Origin’s lunar lander plans, which could carry supplies to the moon in a few years and eventually put people back on its surface for the first time in nearly half a century. Its first mission is slated for 2024. Jeff Bezos unveils new plans for Blue Origin spaceflight “Big things start small,” Bezos told a crowd of reporters and space industry folks at an event in Washington D.C. on Thursday. “It’s time to go back to the moon, this time… Read full this story
- What billionaires like Jeff Bezos give matters. What they do matters too
- Jeff Bezos’s net worth measured in rice. Watch how much it is
- Jeff Bezos: 'I don't want a Plan B for Earth'
- Blue Origin shows off the finished massive nose cone for its future New Glenn rocket
- Jeff Bezos at Amazon Smbhav: India is dynamic, energetic, special
- Jeff Bezos' $165M Home and Why New Moguls Love Old Hollywood Estates
- A Man Said His Viral TikTok Showing Jeff Bezos' Reported Wealth Wasn't Meant To Be Political
- A Man's TikTok Visualizing The Wealth Of Jeff Bezos By Using Grains Of Rice Has Gone Viral
- Climate change: The pros and cons of Jeff Bezos' $10 billion fund to scientists
- Video of Jeff Bezos' Fortune Portrayed With Grains of Rice Goes Viral
- Why the drone attack on Saudi Arabia's Abqaiq oil refinery is a big deal
- Jeff Sessions Wants His Senate Seat Back. He’ll Have To Deal With Roy Moore, Two Major Opponents, And Trump To Get It.
Jeff Bezos wants Blue Origin to go to the moon. Here's why that's a big deal have 364 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.