There is a meme doing the rounds in which Prince Harry, instead of cuddling up to Meghan, is embracing Yoko Ono. You may find this hilarious. Yoko broke up the Beatles; Meghan is now ripping apart the royals. I find it racist, sexist, untrue and a sign of how little we understand our own prejudices, and those of our rulers. Yoko is a brilliant artist in her own right. She was also, if you care to remember, described at the time as “simian-looking” by John Lennon’s biographer Albert Goldman. She faced an enormous amount of racism. No one is that explicit about Meghan. Instead we have toddlerish waffle about her “exotic DNA” and her unbearable wokeness, which is clearly worse for the royal family than having someone accused of having sex with a 17-year-old in your midst (which Prince Andrew denies). One of the most excruciating things about all this is who gets to define racism, and it’s the likes of Piers Morgan and Sarah Vine, who refuse to understand either racism or indeed humility. They don’t even work hard for the money. Lazy, sloppy, big-bucks bigotry. The indisputable racism in media reports was toned down at first because Meghan’s… Read full this story
- Prince Harry rejoins Meghan and Archie in Canada, leaving royal life behind
- Prince Harry IS likely to get handout from his father's £2.3m-a-year Duchy of Cornwall coffers after splitting from the royals - but Charles' friends warn he 'doesn't have unlimited resources'
- Palace Aide Says 'I've Never Seen the Monarchy in Such a State' Amid Talks of Meghan & Harry's Exit
- Prince Harry and Meghan quietly delete claim from Sussex Royal website
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry STILL call themselves ‘Their Royal Highnesses’ in statement after Megxit is confirmed
- Beaming Meghan Markle discusses ‘climate justice for girls’ as she sets up home while Harry stays in UK for royal crisis
- Prince Harry Reportedly Trying to 'Protect' Meghan Markle by Taking Responsibility for Royal Exit
- Prince Harry expresses 'great sadness' at royal split
- Read Prince Harry's full speech after royal split
- Harry and Meghan legal warning latest twist in royal paparazzi feud
- Charlie Hunnam Weighs in on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Exit From the Royal Family: 'It's Admirable'
It’s not just Meghan and Harry. I’d like us all to escape this dire royal circus have 377 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.