Italian Prime-Minister Giuseppe Conte confirmed that he would meet with the French President. “President Macron underscored that he did not say anything that was meant to offend Italy or the Italian people,” a statement from the Italian prime minister’s office said, adding that “Macron and Conte agreed that with the end-June European Union summit looming, it is necessary that new initiatives are discussed together.” Previously French Minister for European Affairs Nathalie Loiseau stated, that despite the conflict, both leaders had held a “sincere talk” on Wednesday and Paris still wanted Conte to visit France. “Emmanuel Macron and Giuseppe Conte held a telephone conversation yesterday in the evening. This was a sincere talk… We need to talk to Italy, this is a big partner, a big neighbor… [Conte’s] visit is currently neither confirmed nor canceled, but we would like him to arrive,” Loiseau told Europe 1 radio. © AFP 2019 / ANDREAS SOLARO’Under Attack From the South’ – Dep. PM Wants NATO to Defend Italy From MigrantsThe Italian government considered postponing the talks over unfavorable conditions, expecting to focus on migration and EU’s eurozone single currency area. Addressing the issue, Italian Deputy Prime Minister and the leader of the anti-establishment Five Star Movement Luigi Di Maio stressed on Thursday that Rome was still waiting for Macron to apologize for his harsh words… Read full this story
- Biden's offer to hold summit amid Ukraine tensions hailed in Moscow as win for Putin
- UK warships will set sail for the Black Sea within weeks as tensions between Russia and Ukraine soar
- Schools, Universities shut again amid COVID-19 spike: Check all details here
- 8 oxygen generation plants being installed in Delhi from PM Cares Fund: Report
- Will Goa impose COVID-19 restrictions amid surge in coronavirus cases?
- Night curfew imposed in Delhi from 10 pm to 5 am with immediate effect
- Buzz of Pawar-Shah meet adds spice to Maharashtra saga
- Armenian PM to quit before poll
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden to talk infrastructure amid border, voting controversies
- France's COVID-19 death toll set to pass 100,000 amid surge
- Punjab imposes daily night curfew, full weekend lockdown amid COVID-19 spike, complete details here
- Mamata writes to PM Modi seeking adequate supply of COVID vaccines, medicines to Bengal
Italian PM Confirms Meeting With Macron Amid Spike in Tensions Over Migrants have 358 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 14, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.