A leading physician gave a dire warning that the coronavirus is ‘a natural disaster occurring in all 50 states at the same time’ on Sunday, after millions passed through US airports for Thanksgiving against CDC advice. Emergency medicine physician Dr. Megan Ranney sounded the alarm as the number of COVID-19 patients currently being treated in hospitals across the United States nearly doubled in the last month, hitting more than a record 93,000 over the Thanksgiving weekend, as virus deaths approach spring records. Since Thanksgiving, the U.S. has seen more than 500,056 new coronavirus cases, with 138,903 people testing positive yesterday. The U.S. death toll has risen to more than 266, and nearly 3.4 million cases of coronavirus. On Sunday, another 826 Americans died of coronavirus, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Meanwhile, Dr Anthony Fauci warned that irresponsible Thanksgiving gatherings could lead to a ‘surge superimposed upon that surge that we’re already in’, after roughly six million people passed through U.S. airports for the holidays. Dr Ranney - who works at the Rhode Island Hospital and is an associate professor at Brown University – told CNN: ‘There’s no way that the hospitals can be fully prepared for what we’re currently facing. ‘This is… Read full this story
- This Year’s Natural Disasters Show Climate Change’s Dire Consequences Are Already Here
- Trump Shutdown Stories in All 50 States
- Looking back at Hawaii’s natural disasters in 2018
- Partial government shutdown set to hit record length, as workers miss paychecks
- 50 states in 42 days: Baby Liberty becomes the youngest to travel the U.S.
- The Latest: Governor says he was in elevator when quake hit
- Climate change will bring multiple disasters at once, study warns
- What’s New in the Latest U.S. Climate Assessment
- Is Texas' Overcrowded, Underfunded State Parks System Being Loved to Death?
- Odds Favor a Brown Thanksgiving
- Are Phoenix hospitals dumping homeless patients on the streets?
- California wildfire toll hits 44; more expected
'It's a natural disaster occurring in all 50 states at the same time': Leading physician gives stark assessment as post-Thanksgiving hospitalizations hit record 93,238 have 315 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.