Far-right Israeli groups will march in East Jerusalem on Tuesday in a flag-waving procession that risks igniting tensions with Palestinians in the contested city and rekindling violence between Israel and Gaza militants. Assailing the march as a “provocation”, Palestinian factions have called for a “Day of Rage” in Gaza and the Israeli-occupied West Bank. Gaza’s Islamist rulers Hamas have warned of renewed hostilities if it goes ahead. “We warn of the dangerous repercussions that may result from the occupying power’s intention to allow extremist Israeli settlers to carry out the Flag March in occupied Jerusalem tomorrow,” Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh said on Twitter. An original march was re-routed to avoid the walled Old City’s Muslim Quarter on May 10 when tensions in Jerusalem led Gaza’s Islamist rulers Hamas to fire rockets towards the holy city, helping set off 11 days of deadly fighting . Israeli nationalist flag march draws angry Palestinian protest June 15, 2021 01:40 Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics Israeli rightists accused their government of caving into Hamas by changing its route. They rescheduled the procession after an Egyptian-mediated Gaza truce took hold. Tuesday’s march, due to begin at 6:30 p.m. (1530… Read full this story
- Israel to Go Ahead With Plans to Build 1,200 Homes in East Jerusalem
- Israel pushes for East Jerusalem building before Donald Trump exits White House
- Israel advances construction in highly sensitive East Jerusalem area
- 'Death Sentence': World Leaders Slam Trump Over Reckless Jerusalem Stunt
- Israeli Man Who Lost His Mother in Palestinian Suicide Attack Opens Up About His Loss, Anger & Pain
- Palestinian Leader-in-Waiting? Who's Mohammed Dahlan and How Likely Will He Replace Abbas?
- The Palestinian Authority's Looming Succession Crisis | Opinion
- Pompeo expected to hand Israeli settlers goodbye gift with trip to winery
- Donald Trump risks 'destroying peace hopes of Israelis and Palestinians'
- Donald Trump to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital and move US embassy
- Deep anxiety across the Jerusalem divide over Trump's actions
- Pompeo 'Confident' Other Nations Will Join Arab-Israeli Peace Deal
Israeli nationalists to march in East Jerusalem, Palestinians plan 'Day of Rage' have 323 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at June 15, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.