A number of Conservative Party members have been suspended for posting or endorsing Islamophobic material online.The BBC highlighted over 20 new cases to the party, who said all those found to be members who shared or supported anti-Muslim posts on Twitter and Facebook were suspended immediately.However, the officials would not reveal the exact number of members suspended. A Conservative spokesman said the party was now “establishing the terms” of an investigation into the wider issue.But Baroness Warsi, the former Tory chairwoman who was the UK’s first female Muslim cabinet minister, accused her party of “backsliding”. There have been repeated calls for the party to hold an independent inquiry into allegations of Islamophobia among members, due to previous incidents that have been highlighted to the party and in the media. ‘No place’ for Islamophobia in Tory party Call for Tory Islamophobia investigation Muslim Conservatives speak out after criticism of the party over Islamophobia Tories ‘will order Islamophobia inquiry’ The BBC was alerted to details of the new cases by an anonymous Twitter user, and independently verified each one before passing details to the Conservative Party. The incidents ranged from individuals “liking” anti-Muslim pictures or statements on one or two occasions, to… Read full this story
- Tea-Party Member Discovers the Very Small Percentage of D.C. He Deems Safe
- Tory leadership contest: What's on the minds of party members?
- 42% of Tory Party Members Want Theresa May to Immediately Stand Down as PM
- China: Communist Party Members Share Letter Urging Removal of Xi Jinping
- Tory Party Leadership Contest to Begin, Johnson Favourite to Take Top Job
- Vietnam kicks off 12th National Party Congress
- The Tories have an Islamophobia problem. Will they tackle it?
- Why was the UK Parliament suspended and what does it mean for Brexit?
- Fledgling centrist party claims to have links to Tony Blair and son
- Opportunity knocks for a new party. But will anybody dare open the door?
- Frank Field: Ex-Labour MP to stand for his own Birkenhead Social Justice party
- Netflix Party Mode Returns Thanks to This Chrome Extension
Islamophobia: Conservative Party members suspended over posts have 336 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.