“Artificial Intelligence has been brain-dead since the 1970s.” This rather ostentatious remark made by Marvin Minsky co-founder of the world-famous MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, was referring to the fact that researchers have been primarily concerned on small facets of machine intelligence as opposed to looking at the problem as a whole. This article examines the contemporary issues of artificial intelligence (AI) looking at the current status of the AI field together with potent arguments provided by leading experts to illustrate whether AI is an impossible concept to obtain.Because of the scope and ambition, artificial intelligence defies simple definition. Initially AI was defined as “the science of making machines do things that would require intelligence if done by men”. This somewhat meaningless definition shows how AI is still a young discipline and similar early definitions have been shaped by technological and theoretical progress made in the subject. So for the time being, a good general definition that illustrates the future challenges in the AI field was made by the American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) clarifying that AI is the “scientific understanding of the mechanisms underlying thought and intelligent behaviour and their embodiment in machines”.The term “artificial intelligence” was first coined… Read full this story
- In 2020, Could Artificial Intelligence Help Cure Cancer?
- New artificial skin developed, may aid rehabilitation and VR: Study
- Artificial intelligence jobs on the rise, along with everything else AI
- You Wot? Space Engineers Devs Making Artificial Brain
- CBSE & IBM tie up for artificial intelligence learning programme
- Legal Matters | Speeding delivery of justice through artificial intelligence
- Artificial intelligence can accurately detect diabetic eye
- Extremely Rare Case: Man's Artificial Hip Infected with 'Rabbit Fever'
- Football Manager's Miles Jacobson On Leicester, Brexit And Building Better Artificial Intelligence
- Farrah Abraham Posts Artificial Booty Injections Video on Instagram
- League Of Legends' Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street Talks Balance - Is It Even Possible?
- MMRDA plans artificial hill at BKC with park, helipad
Is Artificial Intellgience Possible? have 311 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 15, 2006. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.