“Based on Article 76 of the Constitution, I call [on the president] to appoint a candidate for the prime minister’s post within 15 days,” al-Halbousi said, as quoted by Al-Arabiya broadcaster. According to the broadcaster, political circles have been pushing for the appointment of former Oil Minister Ibrahim Mohammad Bahr al-Ulloum. On Tuesday, media reported that Salih had started the first round of consultations with the country’s political blocs to choose a new head of government after Adel Abdul Mahdi announced his resignation amid the ongoing unrest in the country. Since October, Iraq has been gripped in nationwide anti-government protests, with thousands demanding the government’s dismissal, economic reforms and an end to corruption. The unrest has left reportedly over 400 people killed and thousands more injured in clashes with armed forces.
- Vladimir Putin loses all 'hope' after Liz Truss is announced as new Prime Minister
- What Britain's New Prime Minister Means for Biden
- Iraq Finally Gets A New Prime Minister And President, More Than A Year After Election
- Thursday evening UK news briefing: Liz Truss resigns with new Prime Minister to be installed in a week
- New prime minister: Seven big questions for Liz Truss
- UK Could Have New Prime Minister as Soon as Monday
- All Liz Truss's U-turns so far in her chaotic 41-day term as Prime Minister
- How the new Prime Minister will be chosen
- Iraqi Parliament Elects New President as Rockets Target Green Zone
- BoJo Back? Johnson Among Favorites To Be Next U.K. Prime Minister
- Next Prime Minister faces devastating list of urgent crises on day one - SIX huge problems
- Will Liz Truss be UK's shortest-serving prime minister?
Iraqi Parliament Gives President Salih 15 Days to Nominate New Prime Minister - Speaker have 262 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 4, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.