Eight teams pick players for mega event on Sunday 0SHARES Share Tweet Email PHOTO: AFP BANGALORE: The eight teams in the cash-rich Indian Premier League spent almost $70 million at an auction for players ahead of the T20 tournament, which starts in April. The results showed a marked shift away from purchasing big-name foreign stars, in favour of up-and-coming players from India and elsewhere. While there were no bidders for England’s Test and one-day captains Joe Root and Eoin Morgan, Kings XI Punjab paid $628,000 for Mujeeb Zadran, a 16-year-old spinner from Afghanistan. India to pace-off against South Africa Mujeeb, the youngest player to be signed by an IPL team, was spotted by Indian scouts at the under-19 Asian Cup in Kuala Lumpur last November. Nepal will also get its first IPL player after 17-year-old leg-spinner Sandeep Lamichhane landed a $31,446 deal with Delhi Daredevils. Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings are returning from two-year bans for illegal gambling. The Royals, who won the first IPL in 2008 under Shane Warne, turned out to be big spenders, shelling out $10.3 million for 23 players including the top two buys, Ben Stokes ($1.96m) and Jaydev Unadkat ($1.8m). South Africa select pacers Olivier,… Read full this story
- What game would you put in a time capsule for future generations?
- Robideaux Report 2019 highlights LUS future, new animal shelter, parks and rec
- IPL 2021 Trade Window; IPL 2021 Auction Date, Transfer Rules and Eligibility, List of Players For Trade
- IPL 2021 Trade Window: Transfer Rules and Eligibility, list of players teams might trade or release
- IPL 2021 auction likely to be held on February 21: Report
- IPL 2021: Pravin Amre returns to Delhi Capitals as Assistant Coach for upcoming two seasons
- IPL 2021: Deadline for player retention is January 21, trading window closes Feb 4, says IPL chairman Brijesh Patel
- IPL 2021 Auction: BCCI yet to take a decision on players' auction; to finalise IPL 14 dates, venue in a month
- IPL 2021: Dale Steyn of Royal Challengers Bangalore to skip IPL 14
- IPL 2021: no decision yet on host country
- IPL: Deadline for player retention is Jan 21
- Finally, domestic cricket action begins
IPL auction highlights cricket’s future generation have 333 words, post on tribune.com.pk at January 29, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.