Ubisoft’s second Red Steel game hasn’t been without its controversies. The sword-fighting Wii outing raised eyebrows by putting all its eggs in MotionPlus’s basket at E3 last year – a move later described as a “huge risk” by the dev team – and has found itself in what conventional wisdom increasingly dictates is an area best avoided: core titles on Wii.Creative director Jason Vandenberghe, however, is undeterred. With the game out this Friday, he filled us in on why Red Steel 2’s sword-play will be the most “awesome” yet seen, why his now infamous comment on success being paramount to the IP’s future wasn’t quite what it seemed, and how the next Red Steel will include a Vitality Sensor-based “zen” mode.His words, not ours. Hit the link. Interview by Nathan Grayson. VG247: Why jump from modern day Japan all the way to the wild west? What’s the inspiration behind Red Steel 2’s setting?If it makes you feel any better, when we jumped, we were sure to bring Japan along with us.Two-step process: first, the decision to change, and second, the inspiration for what came after. The decision to change all started with the gameplay, in fact. It goes like this:1)… Read full this story
- Interview | RailTel, IRFC IPOs in pipeline; govt has limited bandwidth to back Air India: DIPAM secretary Tuhin Kanta Pandey
- Newt Gingrich: In state legislative races, red tsunami replaced blue wave that never came
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Des O'Connor to Diego Maradona
- Julia Roberts cancelled wedding to Kiefer Sutherland and ran off with his best friend
- The best iPad games of 2020 you need to play
- F1 Driver Ratings: Sergio Perez and George Russell star at Sakhir GP
- The best shows to binge-watch on Netflix right now
- The Harry Potter stars bewitching fans on Instagram – and how it could make them a mint
- From bricklayer to 007: Sean Connery enjoyed 50 year film career but he will undoubtedly be remembered as the first – and some say definitive – James Bond
- Strange Utah monolith taken by group who said, ‘Leave no trace'
- How James Bond star Sir Sean Connery went from Navy man to Hollywood legend
- UK makes bid to win over Joe Biden with plan to cut tariffs on US goods in return for an end to damaging American tax on Scotch whisky
Interview: Red Steel 2’s Jason Vandenberghe have 385 words, post on www.vg247.com at March 22, 2010. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.