International party planner Bally Singh and his wife, Ana Santos. Singapore (CNN) — International events planner Bally Singh lives large. He has organized superyacht parties for oil tycoons and a 100-supercar road trip for American rapper 50 Cent. Last month, he landed in Singapore to ramp up the party during three days of money, fandom and speed over the Formula One weekend. “We create an atmosphere with the DJs, location and people,” says Singh, dressed in a white T-shirt, sneakers and his signature dastar (turban). Standing on an alfresco area of the JW Marriott Hotel, he points to the Lion City’s iconic skyline. “You can see 75% of the Formula One track from here. Location is key for us.” Singh’s arrival on the F1 scene is no coincidence. Since American mass media company Liberty Media bought the commercial rights to Formula One in 2017, it has sought mass appeal. While the stereotypical Formula One fan skews older, in recent years an emerging group of well-heeled attendees dubbed the “new wave” have flocked to circuits like Singapore for the parties. Players like Singh are cashing in on this crowd, which makes up 33% of Formula One’s 798 million fan base as… Read full this story
- Qantas orders Airbus jets for world's longest non-stop flight
- Jet-setting Modi: 26 nations in 12 months
- Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece parties in St Tropez after shock warning to Meghan Markle
- Inside Putin's five-point plan to seize Ukraine
- Hungarian Air Force scrambles fighter jets to border after 'unidentified' aircraft spotted
- Russia military arsenal laid bare as Putin set to ‘declare all-out war’ within days
- Qantas orders Airbus jets to begin non-stop flights from Sydney in late 2025
- Friends fear for Covid whistleblower who exposed chilling conditions inside Wuhan
- SpaceX capsule carrying latest astronaut crew docks with International Space Station
- Putin's allies: Inside Putin's inner circle - including famed 'Kremlin hawk'
- Anonymous launches new party pledging to bring down worldwide political system
- 'Entire EU edifice could collapse' Macron warned of June humiliation set to 'weaken' bloc
Inside the jet-set world of an international VIP party planner have 322 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 4, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.