29th Apr 2017 6:00 am Slush, snow and sleet welcome us to Central Asia as we journey on in the India-made Kwid towards Renault HQ at Paris. We said it before and we’ll say it again – China is massive. It’s taken us a good two weeks to drive the 6,200km mix of fabulous expressway and stretches of no roads from the Myanmar-China border to the China-Kyrgyzstan border in the west. Note that, as of now, this was the quickest route out! Kyrgyzstan is country number 4 of 13 for us on this mammoth drive, but the entry is a bit unusual. There’s over 100km of ‘no man’s land’ between China and Kyrgyzstan and this includes the fearsome Torugart Pass. Luckily all that threatens us today is some chilly wind, and in time we’re at the actual Kyrgyz border. Unlike the Indian shed, the Myanmari cottage and the extravagant Chinese office building, the border crossing feels a lot more militaristic here, but still very friendly. We’re stamped and through with Immigration and Customs and are now well and truly in Central Asia. We spend the night in the town of Naryn, treated to an altogether different style of hospitality. The… Read full this story
- Renault Kwid Climber launched in South Africa; limited to just 200 units
- Custom Renault Kwid by Auto XSculpt images and details
- Tata Tiago OUTSELLING the Renault Kwid & Hyundai Eon in India
- New Hyundai Santro: Fresh spyshots reveal more of the Renault Kwid challenger
- Renault To Start Making Electric Cars At Chennai Plant Soon; Could It Be Kwid EV?
- West 'must avert danger of war' over Syria crisis, says Russia's UN envoy
- America counts down to Syria missile strikes as Trump threats leave conflict with Russia looming large
- Syria strikes: Russia warns of 'consequences' in wake of US-led attack over chemical weapon use
- India is about to become the Commonwealth's largest economy – here are the challenges it will face on the way
- Democratic Party sues Trump, Russia government and Wikileaks alleging they conspired to disrupt the 2016 presidential election
- Russia raises the stakes with wide-reaching and blunt internet clampdown
- G7 unite to condemn Russia for behaviour that has 'undermined international law'
India to Paris in a Renault Kwid part 3: Journey into Russia have 354 words, post on www.autocarindia.com at April 10, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.