“The World Cup is [underway] in Moscow now and I will be worrying about the guys. We are already worrying, and I’ve even got more gray hair. When we come back to Moscow it will be clear and we’ll see what to do next,” Ovechkin said, when asked about his plans for the summer after winning his seventh Maurice Richard Trophy for most goals scored during the NHL season. © REUTERS / Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY SportsOvechkin Sleeps With Stanley Cup and Becomes Meme (PHOTOS)Earlier in June, the 32-year-old became the first Russian captain to win the NHL’s top prize, the Stanley Cup. Russia has qualified for the World Cup knockout stage for the first time after defeating Saudi Arabia 5-0 in the opening game of the tournament on June 14 and beating Egypt 3-1 on Tuesday. READ MORE: Putin Wishes Russian National Team Wins in Next FIFA World Cup Matches Stanislav Cherchesov’s men will face Uruguay in Samara on Monday in a match that will decide which of the teams wins Group A. Russia’s first-ever FIFA World Cup will last until July 15, with a total of 64 matches set to be held at 12 stadiums across 11 cities.
- Spain vs Russia: 2018 FIFA World Cup highlights, live scores, blog
- Uruguay vs Russia: 2018 FIFA World Cup live scores, blog
- Africa: Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Chizhov warns against politicising Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Russia vs Egypt: 2018 FIFA World Cup highlights, scores, blog
- Uruguay vs Portugal: 2018 FIFA World Cup highlights, scores, blog
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: IR Iran first team to arrive Russia
- Egypt government selected as regional sponsor for 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Croatia vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup highlights, scores
- Five talking points from Socceroos vs Denmark 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Croatia v Denmark: 2018 FIFA World Cup highlights, live scores, blog
- Liverpool officially announces Salah’s participation in 2018 FIFA World Cup
Ice Hockey Star Ovechkin 'Worrying' About Russia at 2018 FIFA World Cup have 309 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 21, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.