LAS VEGAS — It was highly appropriate that Hugh Jackman introduced The World’s Greatest Showman at CinemaCon on Thursday.The singing and dancing Oscar-nominated, Tony-winning actor wowed the annual convention of theater owners with a speech before introducing a sneak peek of his musical film inspired by the life of P.T. Barnum (in theaters Dec. 25), founder of the Barnum & Bailey Circus.Based on the footage shown at CinemaCon, the annual convention of theater owners, Showman should fill the holiday season with the ebullient musical joy of La La Land with a dash of Moulin Rouge.The La La Land songwriting duo, Academy Award winners Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, wrote songs for the movie, Jackman noted proudly. The Logan star sounded like Barnum himself as he set up the clip from the film, which has been seven years in the making, directed by Michael Gracey (who wasn’t in attendance because he’s tied up editing the movie).”It’s all about taking risks. Logan was a risk,” said Jackman of the R-rated conclusion to his role as Wolverine, which has made more than $500 million worldwide. “That is what is going to propel this business.”He said “big name actresses, I am not going to say who” had been gunning for one of the more sensational Showman roles, the Bearded… Read full this story
- My father, RD Laing: 'he solved other people's problems - but not his own'
- Hugh Jackman Workout - Discover How to Get Ripped Using the Hugh Jackman Workout
- Hugh Jackman's Trainer For X-Men Origins - Wolverine
- Las Vegas Shows Deliver World Class Entertainment
- Las Vegas - Feel the Trip
- Hugh Jackman's Secret Abs Workout - How to Get a Ripped Midsection Like Wolverine
- Experiencing World Wildlife - From Whale Watching to the Wildebeest Migration
- Summer in New York City is Hot!
- Koh Samui Villas - The New Investment in Thailand
- Divorce - Acceptance of Your New Reality
- New Tough Anti-Smoking Bill
- Rugby World Cup 2011, New Zealand - A Grand Tournament
Hugh Jackman's 'The World's Greatest Showman' might be the new 'La La Land' have 338 words, post on www.usatoday.com at March 30, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.