SHENZHEN, China (Reuters) – Huawei warned on Tuesday that 2020 would be its most difficult year yet due to American trade restrictions which dealt a blow to its overseas sales in 2019, and predicted the Chinese government would retaliate against the United States. FILE PHOTO: A Huawei company logo is pictured at the Shenzhen International Airport in Shenzhen, Guangdong province, China July 22, 2019. REUTERS/Aly Song The world’s largest maker of telecoms equipment issued the warning as it reported its weakest annual profit growth in three years. It said Beijing could hit back against U.S. measures to restrict chip sales to Huawei, by restricting sales of American products in China and by shifting to alternative suppliers in China and South Korea. “The Chinese government will not just stand by and watch Huawei be slaughtered on the chopping board,” Chairman Eric Xu told reporters at the launch of Huawei’s annual report. “Why wouldn’t the Chinese government ban the use of 5G chips or 5G chip-powered base stations, smartphones and other smart devices provided by American companies, for cybersecurity reasons?” The United States alleges the Chinese government could use Huawei’s equipment to spy, an accusation rejected by the company. Washington placed Huawei… Read full this story
- China introduces new tariff cuts
- Trump gets ready to slap China with investment restrictions, export controls
- China blasts new US tariff threat, warns it will retaliate
- Mattis warns China over South China Sea, says US wants 'results-oriented' ties
- China issues new inbound foreign investment negative list
- After summit, North Korea shows Trump in striking new light
- The Latest: China calls new Trump tariff threat 'blackmail'
- Comcast’s Xfinity Mobile announces new restrictions on video quality and hotspot speeds
- The new restrictions that could see you handed a £100 fine for littering in Leeds
- Mark Durnan warns Dundee United new boy Nicky Clark
- Mattis warns China over 'militarization' of South China Sea
- China’s new FDI negative list slated for early release
Huawei warns China will strike back against new U.S. restrictions have 326 words, post on www.reuters.com at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.