Virtualization, in simple English, is a useful technology that helps you run multiple operating systems on the same machine.For instance, if you are running Windows 7 on a computer, you can create virtual machines for Windows XP or Ubuntu Linux and run these operating systems on your existing Windows machine just like any other Windows application.Related: How to Install Windows 8 as a Virtual MachineWindows Virtual PC, Virtual Box and VMware Workstation are some popular applications that allow you to create new virtual machines on a Windows PC but the only problem with these programs is that they require you do everything from scratch.That is, if you want to create a new virtual machine, you will have to install the whole operating system first using the original installer DVD and then configure it with your favorite programs. This can be both time consuming and difficult.What if you could use your existing Windows computer, that already has all your favorite programs installed, and turn into a virtual machine?While it has always been possible to convert an existing hard drive into a virtual machine, the process was difficult and often required expensive programs.Well, not anymore. There’s a new utility from Microsoft that… Read full this story
- The Best Virtualization Software for 2020
- Amazon floats Windows Server 2012 into AWS cloud
- 'RAMBleed' Rowhammer attack can now steal data, not just alter it
- The Best Mobile Workstations for 2020
- From Disruption to Dystopia: Silicon Valley Envisions the City of the Future
- The future is the Internet of Things—deal with it
- What is a RAM Disk and should I use one for gaming?
- The Storming of Area 51: A Covert Journey to the Heart of America’s Worst-Kept Secret
- Best Linux distro for gaming in 2020
How to Create a Virtual Machine of your Windows Computer have 287 words, post on www.labnol.org at October 8, 2011. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.