A dietitian has revealed how you can lose belly fat by ‘programming’ your body through proper eating habits. Susie Burrell, from Sydney, said people over the age of 30 are more likely to gain weight around the middle because of hormonal shifts. She told Sunrise managing the problem was a case of changing ‘dietary patterns’ so the body wasn’t as prone to producing excessive insulin which can cause visceral (belly) fat. Susie’s top tips for losing weight include increasing fibre intake for better gut health, ditching sugary foods and drinking extra juice when working out. Scroll down for video Sydney-based dietitian Susie Burrell (pictured) said creating better dietary habits was key when it came to shifting unwanted belly fat How can eating fibre help control weight? Fibrous foods are often bulky and, therefore, filling. Soluble fibre (roughage) forms a gel that slows down the emptying of the stomach and the transit time of food through the digestive system. This extends the time a person feels satisfied or “full” . It also delays the absorption of sugars from the intestines. This helps to maintain lower blood sugar levels and prevent a rapid rise in blood insulin levels, which has been linked with obesity and… Read full this story
- Mr Olympia runner-up reveals five exercises to get you ripped this summer
- Cutting edge sci-fi inventions set to change our everyday lives revealed
- Which Plymouth supermarket does the best breakfast?
- Cockroach milk could be next superfood, scientists claim
- How to cook with seaweed at home
- How to look as good on a beach as David Beckham in your forties
- Vulnerable would-be parents being sold 'false hope' by overseas IVF clinics, regulator warns
- I ate and trained like a professional rugby player for six weeks
- The ONE thing to do to speed up your metabolism and lose weight for good…and it means you can eat MORE
- This is why it REALLY is harder to lose weight if you’re short
- Best supermarket breakfast? We tasted and rated them all
How to burn belly fat FAST: Dietitian reveals her top calorie-busting tricks - and why you should drink veggie juice during your workout have 327 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 29, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.